Creating and sustaining the benefits of the gender shift in mining.
Dates: Programs are run twice a year.
6th January 2020 for commencement in Q1 2020.
26th June 2020 for commencement in Q3 2020.
Location: Brisbane. Onsite options are also available if you have more than 8 people attending.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The program is designed for women at all levels in the mining sector.
For program fees, please contact us directly.
We also offer an Indigenous scholarship to help drive Indigenous women in leadership in the Mining and Energy sector.
EMPOWER is designed to accelerate the development of leadership capability in women at all levels, to deliver benefits to each participant, their company, and the resources sector.
Resources is a key economic sector for Australia and its ongoing success in an increasingly competitive global environment requires the sector to attract and retain talent which can shape the sector for future success. As the resources sector struggles to retain experienced employees and attract new talent, women offer a strong potential growth talent pool. Women have comparative strengths in the Holistic, Agile, and Collaborative leadership capabilities needed to optimise inclusion and diversity and ensure success now and into the future.
This 5-month program is designed to:
- Identify key leadership challenges and opportunities for women in the resources sector; and develop the capabilities to lead effectively in this context;
- Develop deliberate practice in leadership knowledge, skills, and behaviours to optimise unique leadership strengths and inspire further development;
- Build self-awareness and resilience to operate at peak performance often in the face of strong unconscious bias;
- Grow leadership ambition and confidence; and
- Better lead and leverage diversity and communicate with and grow others – men, women, and the next generation.
- Self-awareness and resilience to operate as a high-performance leader;
- A new set of future focused management and leadership tools to reliably drive operational performance; and
- Ability to influence and effectively communicate across teams, business units and external stakeholders to safely manage change.
- Access and retain a key talent pool of women for leadership success in the increasingly challenging future of mining;
- Build and sustain high performing teams;
- Build a holistic, agile, and collaborative culture;
- Identify and plan to counter unconscious biases in the male dominated resources sector; and
- Create a critical pyramid of female role models for women in the sector able to provide a hand-up to others.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Develops the current and next generation of managers who can reliably deliver on operational plans while influencing and building a more agile, future-ready operation.
A practical program which leverages deep capability assessment to build future-ready leaders who can optimise today’s operations and manage tomorrow’s challenges.
FUTURE WORKFORCE STRATEGY
A three-part program providing a facilitated opportunity for senior managers to think strategically and plan for the future workforce.